Healite II LED Light Therapy Sydney – Non-Surgical
Increasing your skin health and tissue quality is the key to reducing signs of ageing, preventing inflammation, and recovering from surgery or invasive cosmetic procedures. After all, the skin is the largest organ in the human body. Taking good care of your skin is important.
Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is a quick and non-invasive treatment that improves skin healing.
LLLT can be delivered easily and effectively using medical-grade equipment such as the Healite II, a high-performance LED system.
Treatments with the Healite II have no downtime, and can help increase circulation as well as promoting tissue rejuvenation.
Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Michael Kernohan uses Healite II to rejuvenate skin, assist healing, and reduce skin blemishes. Healite II treatment is effective and comfortable for all skin types and ages.
What is Low-Level Light Therapy?
Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is a therapeutic, non-invasive form of cosmetic treatment where non-UV wavelengths of light are applied to the skin. These wavelengths of UV-free light penetrate deep below the outer layers of the skin and are absorbed by the skin cells.
LLLT works to increase hydration, reduce inflammation, and improve regeneration of the skin, as well as a wide range of other benefits. LLLT is called low-level light therapy because it uses less powerful, concentrated methods compared to other treatments, such as laser ablations. The gentle rays of light penetrate deep into the skin, creating a healthy appearance from the inside out.
LLLT can be delivered using advanced light-based treatment equipment such as the Healite II. The Healite II is a medically approved, medical-grade LLLT device that is used by clinicians across the world. While the LLLT is a non-invasive and highly safe treatment, optimal results will come from a provider with cosmetic expertise and expert medical training.
Dr Michael Kernohan is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with extensive training in Cosmetic, Plastic, and Reconstructive surgery. He aims to provide optimal results to each of his patients through highly individualised care and the latest treatment techniques, including Healite II treatment.
Dr Kernohan offers Healite II LED Light treatment on its own, as a part of surgical recovery, or in combination with other cosmetic treatments.
What Are The Benefits of Healite II Light Therapy?
Healite II treatment is fast, comfortable, and requires no downtime while providing results within days. This makes it a highly convenient option if you are unable to take time off work, don’t want to commit to a lengthy or expensive procedure, or want to look your best for an event that’s coming up. There is no need to worry about post-treatment bruising, bleeding, swelling, or stitches.
LLLT, such as Healite II treatment provides a wide range of benefits to the body by creating changes deep within the layers of cells.
Treatment with LLLT works to reduce the levels of inflammatory chemicals in the body, increase the production of collagen for skin vitality and youthfulness, and reduce the visible signs of ageing or UV damage.
LLLT is shown to have a protective effect against UV damage in the future, as well as reducing the visibility of UV damage that the skin has already experienced. This means that Healite II can be used as a preventative measure against some effects of UV exposure, although this should never stop you from wearing a protective SPF moisturiser when outside.
Benefits of a Healite II Treatment
1. Increased Collagen Production
The healing benefits of UV-free light therapy include promoting the production of collagen, a connective tissue that makes skin firmer and tighter. It also increases levels of elastin, a connective tissue that allows the skin to “bounce back” after being stretched. A lack of elastin and collagen as you age will cause the skin to look less plump and wrinkle more easily.
By encouraging collagen and elastin to be produced in the body, LLLT:
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Smooths fine lines
2. Increased Circulation and Nutrient Supply to Tissues
Tissues in the body need chemicals such as nitric oxide, oxygen, and serotonin in order to heal effectively with minimal pain. The Healite II increases the supply of these nutrients and metabolites to healing tissues by increasing blood flow, which helps to speed up recovery time.
This increase in circulation also works to:
- Reduce pain in muscles
- Reduce aching in joints
- Minimise scar formation
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks
3. Reduced inflammation
During treatment, the UV-free light penetrates deep into the skin, targeting acne-causing bacteria and reducing skin inflammation. This:
- Reduces redness from acne flare-ups
- Minimises acne scarring
- Shortening of active breakouts
- May help with skin conditions such as eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis
What is Healite II Used For?
Healite II LED Light Therapy is a popular treatment because it is very versatile and can be used to achieve many different results depending on your health and goals from treatment.
LLLT is a popular treatment because it involves no downtime, and minimal discomfort and improvements can usually be seen immediately after treatment.
Some popular cosmetic uses for Healite II treatment include:
- Reducing wrinkles and other signs of ageing
- Decreasing visibility of acne scarring
- Treating acne inflammation and active breakouts
- Reducing some symptoms of psoriasis and eczema
- Improving healing of burns and scars
- Treating Skin Cancer Surgery Scars and Cosmetic Surgery Scars
- Reducing the visibility of stretch marks
- Encouraging pigmentation for Vitiligo treatment
Some non-cosmetic uses of Healite II are:
- Reducing pain from chronic conditions such as arthritis
- Faster recovery from soft-tissue injuries
- Faster recovery from surgery or cosmetic procedures
- Protecting against UV damage
FAQs about Healite II Treatment
How Does The Healite II Work?
- Healite II uses Light Emitting Diodes (LED) to deliver LLLT to the skin without causing damage or discomfort from the heat. Different colours and wavelengths of UV light can be delivered through the LEDs to control the effect on the skin cells and tissues. For example, one wavelength might be used to target acne-causing bacteria, while another wavelength could be used to provide pain relief or help skin regenerate. Once the light has penetrated into the tissue and into the skin cells, it is absorbed by photosensitive parts within the cell. The light rays are then converted into energy that can be used by the cells to carry out processes for healing, growth, and rejuvenation. Even though light can penetrate all cells, cells that are stressed, unhealthy or damaged will absorb more than healthy cells. This means that the benefits of LLLT are targeted to the cells that need it the most, making the Healite II a highly effective form of treatment.
Is Healite II LED Light Therapy painful?
- You should not feel any discomfort during Healite II treatment. Light therapy is able to stimulate the skin’s rejuvenating processes without damaging cells. Patients usually feel that receiving Healite II LED Light Therapy with Dr Kernohan is a comfortable, relaxing experience from start to finish. The light from the Healite II can sometimes be very bright, so you will be provided with eye protection if needed. There is no loud noise, buzzing, or vibration associated with Healite II treatment. At most, you may feel a little warmth or tingle in the area that is being targeted. LLLT has been clinically proven to reduce pain in clinical trials, and it has been an effective pain management treatment even before the cosmetic benefits were discovered. One of the effects of the non-UV light rays is decreasing the levels of pain-causing chemicals in the body. LLLT treatment is shown to reduce swelling and bleeding, as well as decreasing pain after injury or surgery.
Can I combine Healite II treatment with another cosmetic procedure?
- Yes! In fact, Dr Kernohan highly recommends Healite II treatment as a part of the recovery process after almost any cosmetic surgery or invasive procedure. Healite II treatment is beneficial after more invasive skin treatments, such as a chemical peel. Some procedures that LLLT can be combined with are:
- Chemical peels
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections
- Dermal Fillers
If you are not certain whether Healite II treatment will be helpful for you or whether you can receive treatment as an add-on with another procedure, contact Dr Kernohan for advice.
How long is a treatment session for Healite II Light Therapy?
- Healite II treatment with Dr Kernohan usually does not last longer than half an hour. The session length depends on what area of the body you are having treated, as well as why you are having Healite II treatment. LLLT treatment is easily tailored to fit your body, health conditions, and goals – and this includes treatment length. Dr Kernohan will recommend an evidence-based treatment length and frequency that meets your needs as an individual and will provide the most effective results. However, you can choose a course length and treatment frequency that works best for you.
Is there any “downtime” needed after Healite II Light Therapy?
- Unless you have had Healite II treatment alongside an invasive procedure, there is no need for downtime or special care after LLLT. Healite II treatment won’t affect the downtime requirements of your procedure, but it might make you feel more comfortable or improve healing while you recover. If needed, you can apply approved mineral cosmetic products right after your Healite II treatment. If you have any questions about makeup or skincare after Healite II treatment, Dr Kernohan will be happy to guide you.
How long does it take to see results?
- While many cosmetic treatments may take days to weeks for results to appear, physical results from Healite II treatment are usually seen almost straight away. You may notice that your skin is smoother, clearer, and brighter immediately after your treatment. There is no period of swelling, bleeding, or inflammation following treatment. Sometimes, the skin will look slightly pink right after Healite II treatment, but this usually lasts a maximum of one hour. However, as the healing and regeneration processes continue to work once you have left treatment, the full effects of Healite II Light Therapy will be seen between 8 and 12 weeks after your treatment.
How long will my results from Healite II Light Therapy last?
- Healite II therapy can provide better, longer-lasting results when it is given in the course of several treatments, instead of one stand-alone treatment. Dr Kernohan will use his clinical expertise to recommend the course length and number of treatments that will give you the best results for the longest time. To achieve optimal, long-lasting results, Dr Kernohan recommends receiving a booster Healite II treatment session 4-6 weeks after the last session of your treatment course.